Friday, April 13, 2007

Coincidence:Mumbai

Whether my travelogues would be full of coincidences I do not know but one again happened so when I suddenly decided to check my wait list ticket on the LTT Kula terminus imagining had the net on brother’s computer at Anushaktinagar would not be working.

I choose randomly the last counter where were fewer persons and when I went near the window, I saw P.C.Jha written on the badge of the person on window. While he checked the ticket I told him in Maithili my introduction and also asked his. He was from Raima-Kothia near Jhanjharpur where I had gone long back in connection to my sister’s marriage and while in return had slept at Tamuria station near Bideshwarsthan, the famopus Shiv Temple.

Since he was very busy on the counter, I gave him the xerox of Maithili_Gita’s Chapter IX and a pamphlet on Mithila with my address and wanted to take his address that he asked me to wait outside for few minutes and giving counter to some other he came out.
He asked me as to why I did not come at Mumbai in III International Maithili Conference in December 2006. I told him that I was not aware of any such conference till I saw in on TV and surely it was a mischief by someone (maybe to have some donation grabbed) as we (Antarrashtriya Maithili Parishad) have already o5rganised XV International Conference at various places of India and Nepal and XVI is scheduled on Nov.24-25,2007 at Purnea.

I also gave him a booklet on the conferences held by the AMP and shown him the list of the Maitjhili organizations associated with us. There was mention of a trust he was working with. Probably he was present at a meeting held at the Lotus Court residence of late Sitaram Jha, ex-Income Tax commissioner of Mumbai who happened to be the grandfather-in-law of my youngest brother as well.
PC Jha said that probably he was present at that meeting and he said that he was active in Maithili field at Mumbai for past 27 seven years.

I requested P C Jha to coordinate the AMP, Mumbai despite his busy schedule as we have some young IT workers who are though industrious are not experienced for the Maithili work which he agreed.
He asked someone to bring a soft drink, a preferred a bottle of milk and took leave of him as he was to resume his duties and hoped in near future we would be in communication for Maithili work.

I tried tom help a boy Trilokanand Jha in filling reservation form to Patna who was just standing there and was Class X. He had partly filled formed in Hindi which I said he can complete in Hindi with his address and train no. He was going to janakpurdham and he gave me address of his brother living at kandivali where some years back I had addressed a meeting in Bihari chawl.

I was thonking that Maithils are spread everywhere that after a few steps towards Tilaknagar suburban station, I thought to take a glass of lemon juice and there was a child selling that.
While drinking that I asked him from where he belonged?
“Bihari babu hun.”
“From which district of Bihar?”
“Sitamarhi.”

After drinking that glass of lemon juicer and giving him the price I was going but I returned and advised him to say in future that he was from Mithila, from Sitamarhi where mother Sita was born. I asked him whether he knew Sita of Sita-ram. He knew them.

In the evening I tried to contact many Maithils I knew but could contact only there- Prabhat of Muzaffarpur, Ashish of Dhaka-Motihari and incidentally Sunil, nephew of JN Jha, Nerul whose village Lakhanpur I had visited probably on 13.6.1993 during cycle-yatra of Mithila-in that summer there was Yajnopavit of his where I had taken part in Brahmin Bhojan.

It flashed back my memory to that Brahmpur-Ratanpur road when in that scorching sun I was alone on a mission which I had described in series of articles in the Ranchi Express’s Maithili columns.
I could not contact Dr.Arvind M Jha, Dr. manikant Mishra,Nabendu, Balmukund Chaudhary, Bhogemdra Jha, Parmanand Jha, Ganganath Jha and Ajay Thkur as either their numbers were changed or no reply.

I could contact only Dr. Anil Kumar, ex-president, Cardiology Society of India from Jandaha with whom I had worked at the JJ Hospital’s cardic cath.lab. I could know that his father Bhubaneshwar Chaudhary died in Dec.2004. Bhubaneshwar Babu was very much loving me and used to reply each letter of mine and was watching my Mithila movement closely. He was an MLA from jandaha and his wife too was later an MLA. They were fond of Morarjee Desai, ex-PM and once I missed an opportunity to see Morajee with him for few hours merely as he had returned meeting him just.

I talked with Anilji mostly medical matters and pertaining to the Maharshtra MCI election where he intends to contest. I talked my Pune friends to extend him support as he deserved that not only he was the MAARD(Maharshtra Resident Doctors Assoiation)’s president he had also gone to Udaipur (April 9-10,1994) National Conference of the NMO.

When I phoned Narendra Jha, the TV actor (and my maternal cousin) he after a few minutes spoke from Tirupati and invited me to join there before 16th. I’ve taken a long wait list ticket for there, even not only in the house of the Lord at many places I am very far of in the wait list…
In fact, I had thought that at Mumbai there would be no meeting but meeting incidentally PC Jha exhorted me to contact others and finally we came up with a unit of the AMP, Mumbai.

No comments: